Authentic Learning Blueprint Guide
Read through our conclusive authentic learning blueprint guide to better understand the process and familiarize yourself with the kinds of work your students will be doing.
You’re invited to join the Iowa Authentic Learning Network – a PLN for those passionate about providing students with student-centered authentic learning opportunities! This group has been established to help support educators implementing authentic learning projects. Join the group to gain access to shared resources and hear about professional learning opportunities or other events.
Department of Education Work-Based Learning Resources
- Iowa Department of Education Work-Based Learning site
- Employer Planning Checklist for Work-Based Learning
- Health Science Work-Based Learning Toolkit
- Manufacturing Work-Based Learning Toolkit
- Iowa Career Pathway Mapping Projects
Professional Development Opportunities
Authentic Learning Bootcamp. This is a mostly self-paced course (complete as quickly as you’d like through August 1st when the course closes). There are 2 hours of “in-person” via Zoom so we can get to know you and provide an opportunity to network with other educators from around Iowa! Details and sign-up here.
Agile for Education: A Scrum Play By Play is a blended learning opportunity offered by AEA Learning Online.
In this course, participants will develop their own Agile mindset by exploring: The Agile Manifesto, 12 Principles of Agile Schools, Connecting the Agile Mindset to Project Management, the Scrum Framework. Stay tuned for new dates!
Below are other resources you may find useful. Please contact us if you know of a resource that would be great to add to this list.
- Iowa Intermediary Network
- Career Investigative Modules from AEA Learning Online
- Iowa STEM Regions map
- AEA//WBL Contacts
- Sector Partnerships
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Additional Apprenticeship Programs
- IEDA STEM Internship Program
- IEDA Student Internship Program
- Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Project Info Submission Form (Completed Example Form)
Check out the Communications Resources page for Fact Sheets, FAQ and lots more!